Hi there! My name is Vero, and I’m currently working on the English version of Tinkoff Journal. We’re about to go global, and right now we’re looking for a Native English Proofreader to join the team. The workload is pretty massive, so it’s a full-time remote position.
Tinkoff Journal is the leading and most reliable media about money and lifestyle in Russia. There are about 20 editorial teams that work on the content that attracts more than 17 million unique users each month. All the tools we create — on-site articles, features, and calculators that come in handy in adult life — help our audience be more independent and financially responsible.
If you join us, you will help us stand out and broaden our audience in other markets, starting from the Philippines.
What you will do
The main task is to proofread all our texts — both in-app and website microcopy and long reads. You gotta make sure all texts are grammatically correct and consistent in style.
The proofreader is not assigned to a particular topic but reviews all the articles across the teams — it could be an investment or travel article.
Our ideal candidate
• Native English speaker. Degree in English, writing, or journalism is preferred
• Detail-oriented, communicative, able to handle multiple tasks
• Makes minor corrections themselves, such as fixing typos and adding commas, and suggests editorial or stylistic changes for copy
• Gets familiar with our tone-of-voice to help adjust texts to our audience
• Makes sure the slang or humor we use is appropriate and not offensive in any way
What we offer
As we said, it’s a full-time position. Fully remote, so you could work from any country. Let’s talk about money over a zoom interview.
The next steps would be
Please briefly introduce yourself and attach any work samples. Make sure to write Native English Proofreader in the letter subject before hitting send to firstname.lastname@example.org.